Aloha! Susannah here–not yet in Alabama and entirely banjo-less. But never fear–I’ll be there soon enough.
I decided to start a blog way back in May, just for the fun of it. I needed a place to ramble on random things, and my journal just wasn’t cutting it. Neither was my interior monologue. Thus, the blog idea was born. It took me three more months to actually start the darn thing. But away we go!
To start off the fun, here are 50 Excellent Fun Facts about yours truly:
- I’m left handed.
- I’ve been to 36 states. Future goal: Visit all 50 by age 25.
- If I were an animal, I would be a squirrel.
- Were I an animated character, I would be Dory from “Finding Nemo.”
- “Finding Nemo” is the best movie ever.
- I’m allergic to liquid hand soap. Dead serious on this one.
- Velcro makes my nose itch.
- I was home schooled for the first 10 years of school.
- I graduated from an all-girls Catholic high school. Spare me your jokes.
- I heart flamingos. A lot. And I don’t even really like the color pink.
- My favorite book is A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith. If you haven’t read it, read it now.
- My second favorite book is The Chosen by Chaim Potok. You are missing out if you have not read it.
- One of my life’s goals is to become a citizen of Monaco. We’ll see how it goes.
- I’ll probably be reincarnated as a nun. Or a squirrel. Or a spelunker.
- I’ve been to a kazoo factory. Eden, New York. Highly interesting.
- I’ve also visited a carousel museum, a Route 66 museum, and a puppet theater in downtown L.A.
- I was obsessed with spies and secret agents for about two years when I was nine. This probably explains my love of heist movies, like “The Italian Job” and “Ocean’s 11”.
- I love all Marvel/DC movies, even though I’ve never read a comic book.
- My favorite soda is Dr. Pepper.
- I was an exchange student in France for two days. Exciting, I know.
- Yoga changed my life.
- I collect postcards.
- I love Trivial Pursuit.
- I have a smiley face shaped scar on my right ankle. I don’t remember how I got it. I don’t really remember how I get half the cuts and bruises I have.
- In my humble opinion, “Xanadu” is an underrated musical. Sooo funny.
- My favorite comic strip is “Pearls before Swine”.
- I’m a Red Sox fan.
- I’ve never seen all of “Pocahontas”.
- I played a troll in The Hobbit in the 8th grade. I think this explains a lot.
- My favorite tv show is “Grey’s Anatomy”. Cristina is my homegirl.
- My favorite movies, beside “Nemo” are “Notting Hill”, “Little Miss Sunshine” and “Stranger than Fiction”.
- My dog was born on the 4th of July. Her name is Liberty Belle.
- I have nine journals. I haven’t filled any of them.
- I can’t draw worth anything, but I can collage like nobody’s business.
- I used to do ballet. Everyone is surprised when they learn this. I don’t know why. It’s not like I try to hide it or anything.
- I once made a pair of earrings out of my braces.
- My favorite color is green.
- Peanut M&Ms are the only kind I like.
- I can’t stand anything artificially flavored grape.
- I can’t whistle even though I’ve tried.
- I can’t blow bubbles with gum.
- In the 8th grade I did homework on Christmas Day…for fun. I was a sad, weird 8th grader.
- I’ve been to every state surrounding North Dakota, but I’ve never actually entered the state.
- I love the 4th grade.
- My least favorite books are Tess of the D’Urbervilles and Frankenstein.
- I used to have a pet turtle named Oscar, but he ran away.
- I really can swear in 12 languages.
- I’m from Kentucky, but I’ve never actually ridden a horse.
- I love Michael J. Fox.
- I sleep like the dead.
Anyhoodles, this is just a warm-up. Next dispatch will be from Sweet Home Alabama!