I tell you, I am huge fans of those Wright Brothers. Airplanes are great! If I were driving home, I would still be driving. Instead, I’m typing this in my own room, on my own bed.
Things you learn while sitting in airports:
1. Don’t fly Northwest because they charge you for checked luggage. What is that about?
2. You should make painted magnolia wreaths for Christmas. Then you can enjoy them this year and every year!
3. Tina Fey likes playing strippers.
4. Dutch people are very nice. They let you have the aisle seat.
5. The cover for The Kite Runner is the same in the Dutch edition as it is in the English. (I should probably read The Kite Runner. Note to self.)
6. It is possible to sleep in a tiny tiny space next to a Dutchman.
7. The Memphis airport has about three barb-b-que places.
8. There’s a store that sells nothing but belts and purses in the Memphis airport.
9. The Memphis airport does not have free wireless. It does, however, have something called Boingo, and I can sign up for three months for just $15. 99! Yes. Because I spend so much time in the Memphis airport.
10. People reading USAToday in airports generally do not like it when you yell profanities while on the phone with your mother when she tells you something surprising. They make their disapproval known by peering over the paper at you with wide eyes and shocked expressions.
Shockingly already home again,
You haven’t seen a tree until you’ve seen its shadow from the sky. –Amelia Earhart