43 Things is a website where you can create a list of goals for your life. You can blog about these goals, you can cheer on others with similar goals and basically keep track of where you stand in completing them. My mom told me about it, and I thought it was an awesome idea. So, I’ve started my list of 43 things, and I plan on keeping track of my progress here. Watch out, world! If the mountain doesn’t come to Muhammad, Muhammad better have some kick butt hiking boots handy. And by Muhammad, I mean Susannah.
*If it’s in green, it means I’ve accomplished my goal! Go me! (If you’re not cheering for yourself, then why should anyone else cheer for you?)*
My Life List Thus Far…16 going on 43 Things
1. Visit the set of “Sesame Street”.
2. Visit all 50 states.
3. Adopt a panda.
4. See The Swell Season. Again. And again. And again.
5. Learn sign language.
6. Be able to put my foot behind my head.
7. Visit Pixar Animation Studios.
8. Learn to french braid–DONE. Senior Year of College I finally figured it out. This may be the thing I am most proud of accomplishing in college. That, and being accepted to graduate school.
9. Be published on MLIA. Again.
10. Ride in a hot air balloon.
11. Hold a sea otter.
12. Visit Monet’s Garden in Giverny.
13. Go spelunking.
14. Have a national meeting of Hannah Zimmermans.
15. Intern at Colonial Williamsburg–DONE. The summer between sophomore and junior years of college, I was a collections intern for six weeks. And it was a BLAST.
16. See She & Him in concert.
17. Learn to whistle.
18. Visit Prince Edward Island on a pilgrimage to see Anne of Green Gables with my redheaded best friend.